A record-setting number of House of Hope volunteers gathered for the agency’s annual Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast on March 30, 2016.
The event was attended by 159 guests, who were treated to breakfast at Mariner Sands Country Club by the House of Hope board of directors.
All volunteers were honored for their dedicated service, and many received special awards, such as “Cashier Extraordinaire,” “Pantry Wizard” and “Phenomenal Fixers.”
As CEO Rob Ranieri said after the breakfast: “It was great to see the mutual respect and admiration between staff and the volunteers that support us. Special thanks to volunteer manager Lauren Mustelier for a terrific event and a lot of hard work.”
Many thanks to L.C. Campbell, who donated his time and photography talent during the event.
1,500+ Lifetime Hours:
Casey Carter and Samantha Speier
25+ Years of Service:
Shirley Acheson, Charlie D’Agata and Diana Hachmuth
Hobe Sound Branch Awards:
Including comments by branch manager Paula Benke.
- Kathy Lolmaugh – Ace Ambassador: Kathy runs the show in the thrift store on Tuesdays. She is also an excellent ambassador to speak about House of Hope, resulting in numerous cash donations on Tuesday. Also handy with a toolbelt, she is constantly looking for ways to improve the branch.
- Wilena Yusczyk – Cashier Extraordinaire: Wilena is the most involved volunteer. She started in the sorting room and then moved to register and is now selling furniture. She also is a great ambassador for House of Hope.
- Carol Deuel – Super Sorter: Since Carol has taken over pricing the jewelry, we have seen an increase in jewelry sales of about 115%. She takes great pride in putting out quality items. She also is in contact with me almost daily to see if I need any additional hands in the sorting room.
- Fran Carpenter – Double Duty Diva: Fran recently answered the call when we were needing additional help in the pantry. She came to us from the Stuart pantry and was working in the thrift store only in Hobe Sound. She now does double duty! She is quick to listen to the needs of our clients and make suggestions on what we can add to the food pantry order.
- Walter Fischer – Pantry Wizard: Walter manages to put the entire pantry shipment away on Thursdays by himself. It usually totals over 1,200 pounds. He is also the resident fix-it man.
Indiantown Branch Award:
Including comments by store manager Angie Francisco and program assistant Tara Jacobs.
- Felicia Woodruff – Miss Congeniality: Felicia brings her stellar efforts and radiant attitude to the Indiantown branch five days a week, every week. Felicia is always smiling, greets each and every person who walks in our doors — and now even does so in both English and Spanish. She can handle the sorting room, pantry checkout and moving furniture, and she even gets down on the floor to play with the children, freeing up their parents to shop unencumbered.
Jensen Beach Branch Awards:
- Samantha Speier – Dedicated Diva
- Margaret Kiess – Saturday Superstar
- Pamela Rosner – Rising Pantry Star
- Rob Kammel – Top Transfer
- Maribel Estrada – Merchandising Marvel
Stuart Office Award:
- Judy Rosenthal – Welcome Center All Star
Stuart Pantry Awards:
- Charlie Beers – Grand Slam Extra Miler
- Casey Carter – All Star Veteran
- Audra Winn – Rookie of the Year
- Diane Harman – Rising Star
- John Ludlam & Ray Nappi – Dynamic Duo
Stuart Thrift Awards:
- Lorraine Cardarelli – Book Queen
- Dan Charnas – Dan the Man Award
- Kris McLaughlin – Cashier Extraordinaire
- Jane Michel – Cashier Extraordinaire
- The Phenomenal Fixers: Ken Werner, Jon Ludlam, Paul Welling, Herbert Tennant, Peter Wells, Bob Osborne, Len Wengler.
- The Super Sorters: Joanne Dougherty, Michele Trout, Lesley Ludlam, Joy Burr, Dee Nappi.
- Best Overall Team: From HPS, Heather Oliver, Dana Jamison, Julie Medeiros, Maureen Britt, Carol Fulk, Alia Hunter, Trisha Overton.