In the heart of the Golden Gate neighborhood in Stuart stands a gem: The historic Golden Gate building. The building is treasured by the community as an important landmark that connects the neighborhood to its past. The Mission-style Golden Gate building was built in 1925 and had several identities before it fell into disrepair in 1959.
Fast forward to present day, a collaboration of local agencies and funders have worked to transform the historic building into the Golden Gate Center for Enrichment. While House of Hope is managing the building and all of its operations, the synergy from various partners will provide the community with programs, classes, trainings, technology, and information sessions designed to enhance life skills, earning potential, health and overall well-being.
- MONDAY 12PM to 7PM
- TUESDAY 9:30AM to 2PM
- WEDNESDAY 12PM to 7PM
- THURSDAY 9:30AM to 2PM
- All other times by appointment
- Access to Library services and resources including checkout of materials
- Access to computers for public use
- The Library System’s adult literacy classes (GED and English as a Second Language).
- IRSC workshops, seminars and career training programs.
- Job skills training programs and coaching.
- Parenting, nutrition and health education.
- Arts and cultural presentations and education
- House of Hope, hohmartin.org
- United Way of Martin County, liveunitedmc.org
- Martin County Community Foundation, yourmccf.org
- Martin County Board of County Commissioners, martin.fl.us
- Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties. yourcommunityfoundation.org
- Indian River State College, irsc.edu
- Martin County Library System, library.martin.fl.us
- Habitat for Humanity of Martin County, habitatmartin.org
- Project LIFT, projectliftmc.com
- Friends of the Historic Golden Gate Community, stuarthistoricgoldengate.org
- The Golden Gate Neighborhood Advisory Committee (NAC) and Golden Gate Community Redevelopment Area (CRA), www.martin.fl.us/CRA
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Federal Tax ID Number: 59-2422998